Friday, January 18, 2008

Wet Friday

am - headed out to Centennial Oval with Durante for a 400s session. Same as last week 8 reps with a 60 sec recovery. With the half on the weekend, I felt there was no point in modifying the session as suggested last week. I ran the reps a little quicker than last week - 72, 71, 69, 72, 71, 69, 72, 70 but I didn't feel as comfortable as last week, I think the mid-week long run took a little out of me. Speed is definitely Durante's forte and he ran each rep very controlled and left me for dust with a 61 last rep. We discussed his plans for the Sydney half in May and he realises he needs to focus on longer tempo efforts. This will require him to run more controlled for the Tuesday sessions and not worry about keeping pace with the guys at the front.

lunch - nice easy 8k with Joe Barker and John Havranek. It was nice to run in the rain again. Will make this a recurring appointment. Joe is keen to get back to his former glory. Don't think he will have a crack at the 6 foot this year but there's more of chance he will consider running the half in May. Don't think John will take much convincing to run the half. I'll just keep telling him that Joe thinks he's a better runner than him.

The plan was to run the 10k in Centennial this evening but I think I will give it a miss....

No comments: