Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Tempo Tuesday ??

The plan for was 3*3k with a 2 min recovery between each rep. I was late for the session and waited for the group to return from their first rep. Mike quickly informed me that they were running 10 mins by 3 with a 3 min recovery. My planned pace was 3.42 per rep (thus using the session as a tempo session). Given the recovery was extended, I decided to opt for 3.35 pace. Rep 1 = 3.34, Rep 2 = 3.35, Rep 3.38. Disappointed not to hold the pace in the last rep. I suppose I did run the rep on my own and I really wanted to to run "comfortably hard" and not to overly exert myself. I didn't go lactic and felt comfortable until the last km of the last rep. Briefly chatted to Mike re: the purpose of the session and he saw the session as a "10k race simulation" and not a tempo session. Which was obvious given how quickly himself, Charlie and Tucks were running. If Mike continues this form he will definitely run sub 35 in Lane Cove in Feb.

No comments: