Tuesday, January 29, 2008

400s reducing recovery time

The Tuesday crew were planning 45 min fartleg (1 min on, 30 sec off) but I had a 400s session in my diary (I'm in the sharpening phase of my marathon pgm). Headed off to Rushcutters on my own and the legs were a little heavy so I was a little apprehensive about the session. It was pretty warm and humid out there but I think the heat helps for short interval sessions.

The reps went as follows. Recovery time is in brackets

Rep 1 73 (60)
Rep 2 72 (57)
Rep 3 72 (54)
Rep 4 69 (51)
Rep 5 70 (49)
Rep 6 72 (45)
Rep 7 71 (46)
Rep 8 67

I felt strong during the session and a little tried on the way back to the city. Speed is definitely not an issue. I also think my endurance is pretty good. After reviewing my program, if it's lacking anything it's the "long tempo run Ryan Hall style" which helps with increasing lactate threshold. I'm hoping the races in the run up to Tokyo will sort that out.....

2 comments:

Superflake said...

Looking good for Tokyo Dave.

saint said...

wow, you're flying kid. great session.