Thursday, January 24, 2008

800s * 8 (2 min standing recovery)

Headed down to Rushcutters Oval for an 800 session. I ran from the front today, Mike was keen to keep the pace at 2.40 but with a 2 min recovery it felt a little easy. The reps went like 2.35, 2:37, 2:36, 2:37, 2:35, 2:36, 234, 2.23. Also we ran a little more than 800 more like 810m. In the middle Ray ran two very quick laps (early 2.30s). The session felt easy. Durante went ahead with 400 left on the last rep and I decided to let him go but when Mike came by with about 200m left, I decided to chase him down. Both of us passed Durante and finished more or less together but if there was a photo finish he would of got it. Durante for sure was holding back. I ran the last lap in 68 sec which was pleasing. Most of the guys stuck to 2.40. Durante didn't feel good for the first 4 but got faster with each rep. Ray looked in top shape. He obviously ran a lot on his holidays. I will run the 5km race on Saturday and that should give me an indication of how I'm travelling. Good to see Tim Lindop making an appearance. He's ramping up for the London marathon at the end of April.

No comments: