Thursday, January 10, 2008

Getting stronger....

Lunch - went out for an easy run at lunch with Durante, Serg and one of Serg's colleague's Mike. It was pretty hot in the city 27C and sunny. Ran to Kings Cross and back in for a loop in the domain. I covered 10.2k with the guys at 4.22 pace and felt strong. After a quick water stop added 3.5k and kept the pace at 4.22 so all up 13.7k. I was joined by Springer for the last 2k. The domain was pretty busy, Richard High was running 3k loops in prep for Port Macquarie. Mike Conway and Ray Wareham and large crew were running hill reps in the domain.

pm - ran home and added on a little bit extra. All up 8k. Kept the pace nice and easy at 4.50.

Got a chance to see the new Cohen brother's movie "No country for old men". It's pure class. Highly recommend it. Don't ask me why but ended up going to "PS - I love you". I suppose I do like the odd chick flick. Anyhow it's so bad it's not funny. Typical Hollywood depiction of the Irish. My father-in-law Gerry was right, the Ahern's are an embarrassment - from trashy novels to a crooked leader of the Irish nation...

No comments: