Friday, January 11, 2008

Fast Friday (400s)

I sent a few emails out but I'd no takers for a 400 session in rushcutters at lunch. I suppose I couldn't blame them with the temp hitting 27C in the city. Then and again Rich Palmer (who recently moved to Newcastle) would never turn his nose up to a session.

The plan was for 8 by 400 with a 60 sec standing recovery (SR). The reps went as follows 74, 71, 72, 71, 71, 70, 71, 68. As I'm mentioned before this was my favourite session pre-injury. It felt pretty comfortable today and I think the weather had a positive impact. I am looking to modify this session and instead of the 60 sec SR, I will incorporate a fast float copying the great Deek.
Looking forward to the long run in the morning....37 days left...
http://books.google.com/books?id=243XCLvyQgUC&pg=PA92&lpg=PA92&dq=deek+and+400s+and+float&source=web&ots=bbDzpqCBtq&sig=_2YTbuwNJZkOd62APDxqEQgjf-8

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'd have been there mate. Good times - look to be coming down.