Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Music in the city...

On the running front, got out for an easy 8k run with Durante and followed up with an easy 7k run in evening. Finished off with 10*100m strides.

January has been a special month in Sydney on the music front, on Tuesday evening I had the pleasure of spending some time with the National. The city recital hall is usually reserved for orchestral music. So it was no surprise that the sound was fantastic. The 'Boxer' featured heavily in the set but it was great that the boys banged out some tunes from Alligator.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,23095513-5010940,00.html

Baby, We'll be Fine
All night I lay on my pillow and pray
For my boss to stop me in the hallway
Lay my head on his shoulder and saySon,
I've been hearing good things

I wake up without warning and go flying around the house
In my sauvignon fierce, freaking out
Take a forty-five minute shower and kiss the mirror
And say, look at meBaby, we'll be fine
All we gotta do is be brave and be kind
I put on an argyle sweater and put on a smile
I don't know how to do this
I'm so sorry for everything

For some more lyrics from the national's Alligator check out.

http://www.americanmary.com/music/#110503

I had no trouble giving up my Bjork ticket when I heard Arcade Fire would be playing the same night in the Enmore. Suffice to say I made no mistake, Arcade Fire were special, very special indeed.
http://www.smh.com.au/news/music/to-breaking-point-and-beyond/2008/01/23/1201024990713.html

No comments: