Monday, January 7, 2008

Long run Monday 31km

Went out for my long on Sunday and returned home after 40 mins. I had a dizzy spell and my stomach wasn't feeling a 100% so I felt it was best to return home and rest up.

On Monday evening I left work at 5.25pm and ran straight to Centennial park (6k in approx 28 mins). I completed 7 loops (3.6k) in Centennial. The plan was to stick to 4.40 pace and that's how it panned out. The reps went as follows 16.40, 16.41, 16.39, 16.41, 16.57, 16.41, 16.26.
Chalks arrived for the last two laps and was a great help pushing me along to the finish. As you can see from the last lap Chalks was keen to run the last lap quicker than the rest. I was shattered at the end. I was planning 8 laps but it was never going to happen. All up 31k and relatively pleased with the pace.
I will give the legs a rest on Tuesday and just head to the gym for a little cross training. Methinks my body is a little tired....

No comments: