Sunday, January 20, 2008

Smithfield woes

The plan was to run 3.50 pace which would see me come home in 80.52. I started out with Tim Lindop and Springer. Not sure what the issue was but i was struggling to keep with the guys after 800m, I tried my best to draft off the guys but I was breathing too heavy and decided to drop back and try to stick to 4m/k. Got to 5km in 19.45 and 10km in around 39.59. I passed Tim on the long climb from 10km to 11.5km and kept the pace relatively steady. I felt a little better at the 15k mark and pushed for home and tried keep the pace at 3.47km until the 20k. I looked behind and was surprised to see a female athlete chasing me down. I pushed the pace and ran the last km in 3.35 for an 83.15. Disappointed with the time but I do realise I went in with no taper and of course Tokyo is the target. Even in the hot humid conditions there were some get runs today most notably Springer who ran 79.30 and Big Bear with a pb 92.5X.
Went out for an easy 7km later in evening to loosen up the legs...4 weeks left

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like the girl chasing you was Whippet Gal (aka Johanna Parsons) who ran 2:59 in the Sydney Marathon but set a PB in the Half yesterday. Still reckon your significant breakthrough has yet to come - I'm guessing late Feb...