Thursday, December 20, 2007

Seko

The famous Japanese runner during the 80s (Boston winner twice and 4 time Fukuoka winner) was renowned for his drinking abilities. He would run hard in the morning and then down 8 or 9 beers in the evening. At the moment with all the xmas lunches I feel a bit like Seko. Looking forward to a few days off drinking after the xmas period.
Met up with Tom, Mike, Eoin and Mike Harrison for a 400s session. I ran 8 reps averaging 74 secs. I didn't get the normal 60 secs recovery because we started the reps every 2 minutes so this reduced my recovery to 45 secs. When I was strong last year, I would run the 400s in 72 secs so I am very happy with my progress. Mike was strong today averaging 72 secs for 10 reps. Sandrock's "Running with the Legends" is worth picking up for the Bio's on all the greats - Seko, Coe, Deek, Shorter etc...

2 comments:

Superflake said...

Good session Dave. Hope you beat Tom on a few reps?

Dave Kane aka 'Kanser' said...

it's only a matter of time