Thursday, December 13, 2007

"And all the wine is all for me"

"And all the wine is all for me" from the album Alligator - The National, literally ran through my head as I hooked up with the crew for a fartlek (1 min on, 30 sec float jog for 45 mins) session at lunch. I had a barbie last night and a few friends came over (chalks - an ironman, Al Sheehen -who ran a 5 mins pb in Smithfield a few weeks back, Niamh - a C2S veteran and Sonja a spinning queen). It all went pear shaped when I decided to head back up to the bottle shop for another 4 bottles of wine, at that stage we'd drank 6 bottles.
I was slightly late meeting up with the guys and could only stay with them for 25 mins and decided to pull the plug near the art gallery in the domain. Durante who had stomach issue also pulled out. The boys at the front looked strong in particular Tom and Tucks. The 1 min interval pace was 3.30 so it's a tough session. Look forward to giving this session another go in the near future.
Felt guilty and went to the gym after work, did a little cross training and some weights and ab work. Ran home and the body felt a lot better. Highly recommend The National's Alligator and Boxer. Looking forward to seeing them in Jan.

No comments: