Sunday, December 30, 2007

Long run 34.6km in 2.42

I opted to head back to centennial for my long run. The plan was to run from the house and then run 9 laps of the 3.6k loop in centennial. Left the house around 7.30am and it was already 20C and sunny. Legs felt good and checked my pace and I was running 4.40 pace on the way to the park. Slightly quick for me but continued at that pace as i started the first loop in centennial.
Ran 4 laps at 4.40 and then Chalks appeared (mentioned that i would like support the night before at a barbie) and started to run with me, it was great to have the additional support and ran slightly faster than 4.40 pace for the next 3 laps. Chalks took a break and I continued on at 4.40 pace but was beginning to struggle. My wife Liv and her two sisters (Ger and Gill) had finished their run and it was nice to get the support from the sidelines. The last 2 laps were 4.43, 4.46 pace. I was knackered at the end of the run but pleased with the pace as it was 25C when I finished up. Will run 10 laps next weekend, thoughts are that this will not only build endurance but also mental strength. Big Bear (Chris) continues his road to Tokyo and knocked out an impressive 33km run...go the Bear.

1 comment: