Saturday, December 29, 2007

5km time trial

I was looking forward to this one as I was interested to see how my training would translate into racing. Left calf still tight when i got up and had a quick hot bath and a little self massage loosened it up a bit.
Picked up Ger in Newtown and went out to Drumoyne. Did a nice warm-up and opted for the 17 min group but failed to live up to the time expectations. After a quick first 1km (3.19) I failed to hold the pace and kept drifting and finished up with a disappointing 17.33.
The relos are on a bit of a role at the moment, Big Bear (Chris) is running some stellar times in the lead up to Tokyo with a 20.02 5km pb. Young Ger PB'd with a super 24.36 and Gillian is returning to form with a 24.45 5km pb. Methinks I need to start working a little harder. Roll on the long run tomorrow!

No comments: