Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Intervals - 3 mins by 10 with a 1 minute recovery

With the xmas lunches in full flow and with Tom sick we only had Mike Conway, Anthony, Enda, Tim C, Adam and Brad in attendance. Mike suggested we give everyone an opportunity to lead the reps from start to finish. Anthony was up first, I was up next, then Enda, Mike and Adam. Even with no garmin the reps were run at a very even pace. (approx 3.25 - 3.30 pace). I only ran 8 reps 2 weeks ago but felt great going into the final rep. Anthony suggested we push the rep from 500m from the end.
Adam lead from the front and we all kept right behind him, we were pushing it from the start as we went through the first 1 min marker a lot quicker than the previous reps. With 500m left, I surged a little and was closely followed by Mike, Anthony and Enda. Anthony pushed it and Enda and Mike followed. I eased off a little and then pushed again passing Mike and tucking in behind Anthony and Enda. We finished a good bit passed the bottle maker with Enda edging Anthony by a metre or so. I was just behind Anthony. I was pleased to see that I had a little bit of a kick at the end but we really should be running these at a controlled pace and not pushing the pace at the end.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"but we really should be running these at a controlled pace and not pushing the pace at the end"

My arse. Get a bit of fire in your belly, mate. You're sounding positively feminine.