Thursday, December 6, 2007

400s

Met up with the running crew to run 400s (Ray, Serg, Mike Conway, Enda, Eamon, Eoin, Andy, Durante & Tucks). Last year when I was travelling well this was my favourite session and I usually banged out 8*400 in 72 sec with a 60 sec standing recovery. Sometime I reduced my recovery to 45 secs. The guys were planning 10, I was planning eight. I started out well and by the 6th rep I was pretty tired. After the 8 rep my heart rate was still quite elevated hovering around the 160 mark so I decided to pull the plug. The reps went like 72, 73, 72, 73, 73, 74, 73, 75. Happy with the effort and as i get fitter i should be able to manage 10*400 in 72. The guys at the front Serg, Mike, Tucks and Durante were looking very good. Durante managed to bang out a 64 last rep. Very impressive! Fats was there at the end, he did very well in Keppler at the weekend with another podium finish.

No comments: