Saturday, June 14, 2008

Tempo and long runs with the extended family

Out to Drumoyne this morning for a tempo session. I dragged Dec and Grainne out of bed early (who are over in Australia on their honeymoon) for a bit trot around the bay. Gillo (my sis in-law) was out doing her last long run before Gold Coast. Gillo was planning on progressive long run - increasing the pace for every loop of the bay, Katyln ran the first loop with Gillo, Dec and I joined in for a few km, Liv, Dec and Gillo went around for the 2nd loop.
It was pretty windy around the bay this morning, Gerso arrived on her bike and I persuade her to cycle with me for my 20 min tempo session. It seemed like we were running into a gale but I held the pace comfortably at 3.37 for 20 mins. Ger got off her bike and then ran 16k with Gillo. Gillo will be confident running sub 4hr after her effort today. She smashed the last 10k and the last couple km's were run at tempo pace.
I bumped into Easy Tiger and we kind of laughed obout the race last week. Tucks was also out doing a 1km reps into the wind....must settle into a nice few pints of guinness and watch the boys in green take out the Aussies..

No comments: