Thursday, June 19, 2008

Double Day - Hills and Mona Fartlek

Got up early and tackled the Wollahra Hills reps. I ended up doing 6 reps, the first 5 reps averaged 2.45, I felt relatively comfortable as I was aiming to run them comfortably hard but the last 50m felt tough for each rep. I pushed the last rep and completed it in 2.38. Back in day, apparently (according to Mike) I could run ten reps relatively comfortable in 2.40. Obviously I need to focus on hills with the C2S less than 8 weeks away. Hill work will also build my strength and endurance for Berlin so the plan is to incorporate a weekly hills session for the next 6 weeks.
I ventured out at lunch for the Mona Fartlek with the HuRT squad (won't mention the attendees as it's becoming a very big grp), the plan was to run with 2 new members I introduced to the squad (Dan and Sam). I was very surprised but the legs felt fine, got to in front of the art gallery and decided to increase the pace on the way back. Some of the boys at the front (notably Durante, Serg and Tom) killed it today going further than the Stone gates in the domain and getting back to the Opera House gates. Gold Coast will be very interesting....hopefully the jet lag from the return flight from Europe will have no impact on my performance!

No comments: