Saturday, March 1, 2008

Striders 10k North Head

Beautiful day out in North Head for the 10k Striders race. I ended up running 35.57, which is a tad quicker than Lane Cove last month. I felt fine for the first 3k, Durante and Enda flew by me and I struggled to maintain the pace after the that. Definitely some residual tiredness in the legs. Went back out onto the course and ran with my sis in law Gerso for the last km. Great to see Ger run a PB by over a minute. Well done Gerso.
Speaking of PB's, the plaudits must go to Durante today. He ran 34.15 and powered home in 3 mins flat for the last km. Enda a fellow Irishman also ran a super PB 34.37The two boys "Springer" and my got auld ex-trainning partner "Rich Palmer" both ran sub 35 min 10k for first time. Uncle Dave who i didn't get a chance to talk to ran 32.05 which is great confidence booster going into the 6foot next week. Superflake and Blue Dog both ran PBs which sets them up nicely for Canberra in 5 weeks.
Best of luck to Tucks and Kate Coburn tomorrow in the Orange half.
After chatting to Tom I don't think it's a great idea to run another marathon in 5 weeks time. The focus will be targetting a 10k pb...

1 comment:

Superflake said...

Great quick recovery from the marathon. Excellent run. I wouldn't do a marathon that quick again. Wait until Gold Coast if you need to do one. You would be better off getting the 10k time down like Tom mentioned.