Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Parade

Spent the Easter weekend up near Bluey Beach about 300km north of Sydney. In between sleeping on the beach I did manage to get out for some runs.
Fri - An easy 8km at 4.40 pace with my mate Al
Sat - Steady 8km run at 4.05 pace with Al for the first 3k.
Sun - 23k in total (7.7k loop by 3) I went out for the long one on my own and increased the pace slightly for each loop. Lap 1 (36 mins), Lap 2 (34.55), Lap 3 (34.04).
Mon - Rest day
Tues - Out with the Hurt Squad for 10 by 3 mins off 1 min. A big crowd again today (Serg, Tom, Mike, Anthony, Greg, Springer, Charlie, Ray, Tim and Fats. It was great to see Phil Dove in attendance and Durante back after his break in Thailand. The pace for the session was 3.30 km/m. I felt real comfortable today probably because of the added rest I got at the weekend. With the distance covered and the pace this is essentially a VO2 max session. Some of the guys ran an additional 4 reps. I noticed Fats and Charlie opted for active recovery whereas the majority opted for standing recovery. Good session overall and it will be interesting to see how I go on Sat for the 5k coolrunning challenge in Drummoyne. 17.33 is my best time this year so hopefully I can improve this on Sat.

1 comment:

Superflake said...

Based on your 10k track pre Tokyo you are certainly quicker than 17:33. Wouldn't be surprised if you go under 17.