Tuesday, March 18, 2008

HuRT squad 45 Fartleg (1 min on, 30 sec recovery jog)

I've never finished this session so I was keen to set myself up for success and agreed with Enda beforehand that we keep the 'the 1 min on' at 3.35 pace. Tom, Serg, Anthony, Springer, Charlie and the Judge sped off into the distance and I settled into the agreed 3.35 pace with Enda and Adam. Mike Conway who is just back from holidays dropped off the pace pretty early on. It's not really the session to run after a 3 week holiday. After 24 min we turned around near the art gallery and we took 90 sec jog instead of 30 sec. I kept a close eye on my garmin and we kept steady at 3.32 pace. Our recovery jogs were approx 4.40 pace and sometimes a little quicker. All up the average pace for the session was 3.57. It was very hot and humid out there today.

No comments: