Thursday, March 6, 2008

She Bangs the Drums



On Wednesday went to the gym for a cross training session that encompassed a little cardio with some weight training. Went out for a session with the boys - 8 by 800m with a 2 min recovery. Durante, Tom and Serg ran in the front averaging 2.28 per rep and they looked pretty comfortable. Tim Craddock who is off to South Africa to run the 56k Two Ocean Ultra was just behind the guys in 2.32. I took the first fews reps relatively easy, the reps went as follows 2.48, 2.47, 2.42, 2.41, 2.40, 2.40, 2.39, 2.25. I decided to sit on the back of Tim from the last rep and pushed by him after 400m and caught Tom on the line for a fast 400m. Have a few niggles 'outside of the left knee' was sore after cross training but I didn't feel anything while running with the boys.
I've uploaded some photos from the Tokyo website....this auld song captures it for me...

I dont feel too steady on my feet
I feel hollow I feel weak
Passion fruit and holy bread
Fill my guts and ease my head
Through the early morning sun
I can see her here she comes

She bangs the drums

No comments: