Friday, March 7, 2008

Who will win the sixfoot?

I know there are one or two quicker runners in the field but I think Fats or Uncle Dave will win it. Rumour has it that Dave is only using the sixfoot as a training run but I can't see that happening. If I had to put money on it I think Dave will take it out. My good friend Richard Palmer is also running and I think he will pb it relatively easy and run close to 4 hours.
Got out for an easy 40 mins today, ran the last 20 with the Judge Drev who is looking to run a good time in NSW road champs in May.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it will be fascinating and I wish I could be there. Fats showed last year he could beat the best of the best (in Paul A and in setting the record) and with confidence and last week's 10km time I would be scared to bet against him. Having said that, I think Barry Keem and Uncle Dave are the best possible opposition. My only sure bet is that the record time will be beaten.

Dave Kane aka 'Kanser' said...

The unc will win if he is going for it but word on the street is he will run 3.50 and use as a training run.
Just had dinner with Rich Palmer and I think he will run close to 4 hrs and might even dip under it. I told him to stay close to Chris Graham.

Unknown said...

Rich P if you are reading this. Chris G is planning on reaching Cox's in 1:16 and Pluvi in 2:20. Thing is, he is very strong on Deviation onwards. He is planning a 3:55.
Have been thinking again about Fats and think that the emotion of a first born will have taken a lot out of him. It did me. But then again, at that time I was a fat bastard.

Superflake said...

Uncle Dave is running from wave 3 and is definitely doing it as a training run for Canberra. He is after sub 2:20-2:25.
Barry Keem for the win.