Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Running on empty

Sunday: Got out for an easy 70 min run. My calves were very sore so I kept the pace very easy. The Saucony Type A are a great pair of runners but I don't think they are suitable for 10ks. I also didn't wear my orthortics which obviously can't of helped.

Monday: Opted for a cross training session as they calves were still very sore. I'm hoping they will be better tomorrow.

I suppose I never really ran in Ireland before I left for Sydney but after reading the various race reports online, I am surprised by the number of races and the quality of the runners in each race. It compares very favourable to Australia.
The winner of the 10k in Dunshaughlin ran 29.45, the race report along with the results are attached. I actually came home a little quicker 33.34...! Pretty tried at the moment, hopefully the legs will start to feel better by the end of the week for the Gold Coast half.

1 comment:

saint said...

don't forget your origin tips.