Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Hills are alive...

AM: Out to centennial early for a session Deek used to do in Boulder. 20 min warm up, 2 mile steady tempo, 5 min easy jog, 8 by 8 hills (4x4 in 1 min, 4x4 in 40 sec). He ran the hills as hard as he could. He kept his hill reps short as he was keen to maintain pace/form for each hill rep. You also go lactic very early on in the hill if you push it. He incorporated long hills into his long runs and tempo sessions and ran the hill sections pretty hard.
Anyhow enough about Deek, the warm up was easy and I ran the outside track 3.6k at 3.42 pace which felt relatively comfortable. Instead of jogging for 5 mins, I chatted to Tim Lindop. 8 reps up to the Oxford gates (4 by 1 min 42 sec & 4 by 60 secs). Tough session, I was pretty tired running back home. I’ve pencilled this in for next week and I will run the 3.6k loop at 3.35 pace.

PM: Beautiful day in Sydney for running, I got out with Gerso for a 2 by 3k rep session. Gerso was keen to keep the pace at 4.50. I didn’t tell her the pace until we finished both reps. The avg pace for the first one was 4.38 and 4.49 for the 2nd one. Nice easy recovery run for 9.5k all up. Good to see Tim Lindop leading out the HuRT squad in the domain…

No comments: