Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Sub 4hrs for Gillo

15 weeks ago, Gill (my sis in law) told me that she was heading to the Gold Coast to run a sub 4hr marathon. On Sunday Gillo came home in a time of 3.59. I had the pleasure of cycling along side Gillo for the last 12k of the marathon where she toughed it out. As most of you know running a marathon is very difficult but putting a time constraint on yourself makes it a hell of a lot tougher but Gill pushed through the pain barrier to ensure she achieved her goal. When I get time I will publish some photos on the blog. The majority of the HuRT squad performed poorly (Serg, Tom, Durante, Mike Conway, Tim L and myself). The only decent performance came from Terence Bell (2.47) and Rich Palmer (2.49) in the marathon.
With 12 weeks to Berlin, I am finalising a program that will get me over the line in 2.40...bring it on...








3 comments:

Gill said...

Couldn't have done it without Coach Kane!!

Sorry to cut it so finely and create tension!

Nice pictures!

Amanda said...

Sorry to hear you had a bad day, hopefully Berlin will be a better demonstration of your strength. And congratulations to Gill and team.

Dec said...

Well done Gill. Congratulations. Great result.. we were watching out for you on the web. Fair Play..
Talk to ye soon