Friday, July 25, 2008

Running High...

Thurs:
AM: Deek's tempo session with hill reps so I kicked off with a 15 min warm-up, 3.6k tempo around the outside track in centennial. Legs were tired but kept the pace honest at 3.36 k/m for the tempo run. 5 min easy jog and then 5 hill reps from the kiosk up to top of oxford st gates. The first 4 reps were 1 min 40 sec on the button. Last rep was completed in 1.34 with the help of Enda cycling with me to the top. I then ran 4 very short rep (50 sec avg). Tim Lindop ran the short reps with me and he was a lot stronger than me which bodes well for Tim in the C2S and next week's 10k in Lane Cove.
All up 16k
PM: Out with Gerso for a gate to gate session. The session was 6 reps off 2 mins. Gerso ran the first two reps pretty quickly avg'ing 4.06 pace. The remaining reps were ran steady avg'ing 4.11 pace. Another good session which will give Gerso plenty of confidence for the C2S.
All up 10k

Fri:
PM: Suppose to be a cross training day but after hectic day at work, I wanted to get out for a run and clear the head. I left the office around 6.15 for beautiful run in the domain in the rain. I seemed to have the domain to myself for 45 min run in the rain...legs were still tried but the run definitely cleared the head..

No comments: