Sunday, July 13, 2008

Modified my Berlin program based on the number of suggestions from Tucks.

Sat: Durante called over and we left from Surry Hills for a hilly tempo session. We ran down to Rushcutters and ran the rest of the C2S course. We wanted to push from the 5k to the 10k on the C2S course. We pushed up Heartbreak (4.10 pace), and then brought the avg pace down to 3.50 and kept it steady until we hit the 10k marker. We easied into Bondi and ran steady up the hill out of Bondi back to Surry Hills. All up just over 20k.

Sun: Out with Durante, Steve Thurston, Enda, Mike Kilacoat, Mike Conway and Terence. I've cover 4k before I met up with the guys, we then covered 2 by 6k loops in centennial. I was keen to push the hills and I was joined by Steve and Durante who were keen to keep up with me. Enda and Mike K opted out after an hour and we went in search of more hills. We left the park and went down to Bronte and came back via a long steep hill. I tucked in behind Steve as we pushed up long hill, Durante dropped off the pace as Steve and I pushed up another hill, just as we came to the top of it Durante who was at least 20 yards back closed the gap to finish level with us. Got back to Centennial and finished off with running 2 by 1k rep with Durante at 3.50 pace. All up 31.5k in 2.18.

No comments: