Sunday, July 20, 2008

A weekend of running...

Fri: Out with Tom, Ray, Springer, Mike Harrison and Tim C for an easy run on the North Shore. I didn't really know the area and was worried that I would not get to work in time for a meeting so I pushed the 2nd half of the run. Well pushed the hills and there seemed to plenty of hills on the way back Tom and Tim C kept with me for most of the way until Tom knocked over a poor unfortunate child by accident. It seems funny now but it wasn't funny at the time. All up around 13.5k.

Sat: Tim Lindop dropped over and we left from Surry Hills and ran down to Rushcutters to avoid the pilgrims. Nice easy jog until the 5k marker in the C2S. Pushed the pace from there and eased into heartbreak hill and once I got to the top near Vaucluse village, I started to push the pace to the 10k mark of the city to surf. Ended up running 18.52 which was quicker than last week. Tim was about 35 secs behind me. We ended up running down to bondi and went for a recovery session in icebergs. The combo of the pool/sauna definitely helped the legs. All up 14.2k. Tim L gave me a copy of the London marathon 2008 which I watched with great interest..

Sun: Out early with Steve Thursten and Tim Lindop, we weren't sure if we could run in centennial with The Pope and piligrims in town. The park was empty and we ran the 6k wollarha gates loop. There was no need to force the pace as the boys were keen to keep the pace honest (we went straight to 4.35 pace), I pushed the pace on wollarha hill and Steve T kept with me all the way. We left the park and made over way down to Coogee via Randwick. As we left Bronte, I told the guys I was planning on running steady up the long drag back to Queen's Park. Again Steve T kept me all the way. At this stage we'd been running 1 hr 40 mins and the avg pace was down to 4.25. Tim L called it a day as he needed to run a fair bit to get back to his car. Tim L is getting stronger every week and he will go v well in the C2S. Steve and I opted to run Wollarha gates again, I pushed it as hard as I could and I still couldn't shake him. We ran down to back to the Kiosk and ran throu' the middle of the park avg'ing 3.50 pace, Steve dropped off a little and ran throu' the Pilgrims to get back home. I ran for another 24 mins, all up just over 33k in 2.23. Good to get another long run under my belt...

No comments: