Tuesday, July 22, 2008

am: Ran into the city this morning for a session with Gerso. It was pretty cold but we got straight into it. The plan for for 2 by 3km off 2 mins with 1k at the end of the session. Gerso was very strong again today and ran 4.29 pace for rep 1 and 4.28 for rep 2 and off 2 mins ran the 1k in 3.57. All up 13k

pm: Out with the HuRT squad for a lactate threshold session of 4 by 3k. The plan was to run comfortably hard. Dave Clark, Michael K, Tom and Durante went straight to the front. I settled in behind them with Ray popping up now and again, he seemed to just appear out of the trees. The run from Opera house gates to the stone gates entrance in the domain was a lot tougher with the wind and hills.
Rep 1: 3.29 avg pace - about 120m short of the gates
Rep 2: 3.20 avg pace
Rep 3: 3.28 avg pace - a little closer to the gates
Rep 4: 3.18 pace
On the last rep, Dave Clark came by me and I ran with him stride by stride for around 300m but when we got Mrs Macq chair, he put in a surge and left me for dead. Basically he ran over the top me, something Deek used always do in the last 10k of the marathon. I was reading the article on Mona last night in RFYL and he was saying Deek was 'fierce' competitor that loved running over the top of people. Anyhow I was also impressed with Tom today who backed up very well after his long run yesterday. Still and all, I felt very strong today and looking forward to this session next month, will attempt to stay with Clark next time...

No comments: