Monday, October 17, 2011

i'd expected something, something better than before

Easy 8k on Friday and went over to centennial on Sat and ran 10k easy with Chalks. On Sunday, I headed over to Brighton to run the 10k race. I was hoping to run 35.XX but just couldn't get going. Its basically and out and back course and had a strong tail wind for the 1st half. I couldn't even run 3.30km/m for the 1st km. Got to half way in 18.35. At the 4k marker, I had 3-4 people fly by me. Felt like pulling the plug at the turnaround. Running into the wind wasnt pleasant at all. Did manage to pull a few people back in the final few kms to finish up in 37.55. Shocking time!! Wind was a factor but i knew from start my legs weren't up for it.
In anger went for a 20k run (4.25 pace) Sunday afternoon. [All up for the week 115k approx, maybe my body is taking it's time absorbing the kms...]

Monday
Very easy 10k with Berger, we finished off the run with a few strides...absolutely shattered out there today...no energy..!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Acclimatising to the kms mate. Just keep it up and take 3 days off in a couple of weeks to absorb.

Anonymous said...

Dave you will get there. Its just takes time to absord and you raced with no taper. Take a day or two off.RP