Thursday, October 13, 2011

Get the camera ready!

Wed:Ran into work, legs were tired from the previous days effort. At lunch out again on my own for a 14k run which i covered in just over an hour. Basically ran from Shelley Street up to the art gallery in the domain. Didn’t see any familiar faces out there at lunch. The return from the art gallery felt a lot easier. From a convenience perspective, I ran home. [22k]

Thurs:
Ran into work again and then venture out with the HuRTS for the Hickson road 1.2km by 5 session. Legs were a little tight so I was planning on taking it easy. Finished the first rep in 3.58 so decided to push the rest of them
Reps went as follows:
3.58, 3.52, 3.47, 3.44, 3.42
Clyde ran with me for all of the reps, J Feno was out in front for the first 4 reps but complained of about a stitch and ran the last rep easy. For the last rep, Clyde and I reeled in the 4 front runners and ended up finishing in front together. Tom was lurking in the back of the group, obviously taking it easy for the Biathlon tonight.
Had a good cool-down with Clyde and we chatted about my favourite subject 'marathon training' and where it all went wrong for TB. He may have ran a 2.37 but he was convinced he’d run 2.35. We came to the same conclusion - he was lacking lactate threshold sessions.
Will drop over to watch the race tonight, I have my camera with me....so looking for some awful shots of Timmy tonight, will post them on every social network site known to man so everyone can see them. [13.5]

2 comments:

Superflake said...

Getting fitter Dave. Yo might take Timmy by years end.

saint said...

Missed you at training yesterday Kanser. Big Bear and Grant smashed it. Glad you got to have a nice sleep in.

Hopefully we'll see you next week, rested.

Bear