Friday, January 2, 2009

Summer Twilight 10k - 32.59

Headed with Tim Lindop and planned to run it as a tempo run. Basically it's the 5k coolrunning course out and back. Did the warm up with Tim and the legs felt great. Took off pretty quickly and went through the 1st km in 3.06. Tim went throu' in 3.22 and mentioned after the race I was at least 100m ahead after the 1st km. I had a tail wind and went throu' 2k in 6.20 and 3k in 9.35 and that stage I was thinking I will break my 5k pb. Hit the 5k in 16.13 (11 sec pb) and ran around the lady at the marker. I saw the 2nd runner and then Tim just passing the tennis courts. I was feeling ok and decided to just try and push the 2nd half. Lost a little time from 7.5to 9.5 running into the wind. Got the finish line and most of the 5k runners had finished. I asked Eagle my time and he told me i ran sub 33. I was very surprised, he told me the course has been measured by Steve Jackson so it's certified. Obviously the big weeks in December has definitely helped me. Tim came home in just over 38 mins and commented that I don't know how to run a tempo...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Mate, that's a fantastic run. Your first 5km is quicker than I've managed to run the Coolrunning 5km in the past year. Must give you a boat load of confidence for Dubai.

sook54 said...

Absolutely great going Kanser! There are some good pix on the CR gallery, and my daughter Lisa will put some more up tonight.

Superflake said...

Great run mate. Probably would be quicker if not for the hairpin of the out and back.