Wednesday, January 7, 2009

MLR

Out with Thursten for a MLR in and around Centennial. Ran for 1 hr 16 mins with an average pace of 4.18 km/m. Spotted Terence, Adam and Enda running in the park.
Ran into Keith Bateman coming out of centennial and we chatted about up and coming races. He's targeting the State 5k and looks like he's peaking nicely. He ran his quickest 8k tempo session recently and also ran a very quick 3 by 2k (avg'ing 6.10). He should have no bother breaking 16 mins for 5k and I reckon he will break the National 5k record of 15.49 for his age group. Tom will be keen to stay ahead of him on the 22nd Jan. Pity I am away as it's going to be a great race.....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You've been very coy on your predictions for Saturday and next Friday. Assuming good conditions, I'll be disappointed if you don't go under 15:45 and 2:38 based on your current form. MacMillan predicts 15:53 and 2:34:50 but I think he always underestimates performances the further the distance.

Dave Kane aka 'Kanser' said...

Far too optimistic Tom on both accounts. Happy to get close to 16 and ecstatic if I run a pb in Dubai. I am only in phase 2 of 5 phase program. So I am only starting…