Saturday, January 10, 2009

5k - 15.54 PB

Out to Homebush for a 5k track race. The goal was sub 16. The temps were cool (22c) and it was a little windy. I ran my own race, went through the 1st km in 3.06 and ran steady from there. I think I went throu' 3k in around 9.28 (Timmy was there and mentioned afterwards that the 400 splits were pretty even). My last km was nice and quick in 3.04. I hit the bell in 14.48 so the last 400m was 66 sec which i'm pretty happy with..I reckon I can go a little quicker with more company as i was more or less on my own for the whole way.

3 comments:

Superflake said...

Congratulations on the PB mate. Sensational solo run. Dubai looks good for a fast race.

Anonymous said...

Great run Dave. Good to see all the hard work paying off. Best of luck for the marathon. R P

Amanda said...

congratulations on the pb Dave. Looking forward to hearing more great news following Dubai marathon.