Thursday, January 29, 2009

7 by 800s (off 90 secs)

It wasn't that I couldn't handle 8 reps, we just weren't allowed as a cricket match was kicking off at 1.15pm and we were required to vacate rushcutters oval. In saying that it was bloody hot out there today and I was happy to finish with 7 reps.
Reps went as follows
2.29, 2.28, 2.27, 2.26, 2.25, 2.27, 2.21
Large crowd in attendance again, Durante lead most of the reps and he was 1-2 secs ahead of me for all the reps apart from the last one. Tucks, Ray, Terence and Clarky (who probably cycle 100k this morning) were approx 5-10 secs behind for each rep. I think the heat got to a number of people as it was noticeable the majority got slower as the session progressed. Durante was shattered after the 6th rep and I half expected him to follow me for the last rep but he decide he had enough ;). Timmy was a surprise today, he ran pretty consistent for the first 5 and then took a break for the 6th rep and then pushed the last rep. I actually had to put in a little kick to finish in front on him....sub 35 mins is on the cards as early as March for the kid...

No comments: