Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Time for Dubai

I am not sure when I decided to run Dubai but after a poor run in the JP Morgan I didn't really have the stomach for another marathon. I think it was towards the end of Nov. or just after my health check I decided to train as hard as I could and then possibly have a crack at Dubai.
The last 6 weeks have gone to plan, the hard work has paid off. I can't complain with my form. It's not often you run 2 pbs in a week.
It will be interesting to see how I go in Dubai. With Berlin I focused too much on the end result, this time I am really looking forward to the experience. Can't believe i'm getting another chance to line up against the big man 'Haile' as he goes chasing another world record. Tune in on Friday evening and I'll have that 'time' you are looking for!

8 comments:

Superflake said...

Good luck Dave. Run fast and beat Haile!

Anonymous said...

2:40 all the way! see you there in June...

Anonymous said...

Best of luck Kanser, sub 2.40 on the board for sure this time. cheers Tim.

Anonymous said...

Good Luck Dave! I'm sure you will do great! Hope you are having a good trip!
xo
Jen

saint said...

Come on kid! Give us the update! We're all waiting... poxy Dubai Marathon website!

Anonymous said...

WELL DONE DAVE - Heard you di 2h 41 - great time and great achievement.
All the hard work paid off.
See you next Friday.
Al Kelly

Anonymous said...

Well Done Dave great run and a fantastic PB. Enjoy your break and Ireland. RP

David said...

Great run Dave!
Shows you will run your goal time!

And 3 PB's in 2009!