Tuesday, January 27, 2009

HuRT squad (45 min progressive tempo)

After a few easy days over the weekend, got out with the HuRT squad at lunch (quite a large group that included Enda, Durante, Rich High, Tucks, Springer, Mike, Terence aka Drago and many more...Serg even made a brief appearance)
I just planned to run with Conway and see how I felt on the run. Mike's planned pace was as follows

10 mins easy (4.15 km/m)
10 mins at marathon pace (4.05 km/m)
10mins at 1/2 marathon pace (3.50 km/m)
10 mins at 10 km pace (3.35 km/m)
5 mins at 5 km pace (3.30 km/m)

So how did session go...., Clarky went off from the start obviously thinking the 4.15pace was too slow. I was keen to chat to the boys so pretty happy with the pace. I didn't have a garmin so I was relying on the guys to keep the pace for each rep. Tucks seems to be have it under control. It wasn't until the move down to the 1/2 marathon pace when the group started to split up. When we got down to the 10km pace, I was with Tucks, High, Durante, Clyde and one or two others and Ray was a 100m head of us of all. At the hill approaching Farm Cove, Durante broke away and created a gap which I attempted to close but I didn't have any strength on the hill. Still and all, I create a gap between myself and the rest of the guys apart from Clyde who sat on my shoulder until we entered the domain. Finished off pretty strong and I suspect the paces was pretty quick for the last 20 mins.
Pretty happy to get to the stone gates, glad to have a tough session under my belt after the marathon...Tucks is looking strong and I was a little surprised with Durante today...

No comments: