Wednesday, December 31, 2008

MLR and movie talk...

Ran home from work on Tuesday evening and ran couple of extra loops of the park and finished off with 6 strides (150m). All up 8k.
Struggled to get up this morning as I didn't get back from the flicks until close to 11pm. Stayed up close to 1am watching crap on the TV. I was expecting more from the new Brad Pitt movie - Benjamin Button. Suffice to say it's a little long and some of the key messages in the movie seemed out of place. I will be very surprised if it picks up any Oscars, possibly best adapted screenplay but I can't see Pitt win the best actor gong. I've heard Sean Penn is super in political drama Milk and the lead actors in Frost/Nixon are pretty good. Mickey Rourke is also getting rave reviews for the Wrestler. My favourite movie of the year is the Cohen Brothers 'Burn after reading'. Pure comic genius. The cameo role by J.K. Simmons, best known these days as Juno's dad, is hilarious as the CIA head. Near the film's end, "What did we learn?" The answer, gloriously, is absolutely nothing.
Really should of went to Woody Allen's new movie. He's had lots of hits and misses recently but I've heard 'Vicky Cristina Barcelona' is on par with Match Point which is good enough for me.
Back to running, ran in again today and left work pretty early. I ran home and left the bag in the house and ran to centennial where I bumped into Killer and ran around the park with him. He mentioned he raced down in Adelaide over the Christmas and ran 4.23 for 1600m which is pretty impressive. All up 90 mins. Summer has definitely hit the city, it was a scorcher again today.....

No comments: