Sunday, December 14, 2008

Hills and more hills...

Sat:
Out with Steve Thurston, Terence and Mike for a long run. Ran from centennial down to rushcutters and basically ran the C2S. When we hit the 5k mark in the C2S Steve and I pushed the pace up heartbreak hill until the 10k mark. Steve's split was approx 17.5x and I ran 18.37 (quickest 5k split for a training run). Ran into Bondi with the boys and from the beach pushed 2k hill up to the junction. Steve came with me and about 500m into hill he commented 'mate - it's a long way to the junction). We were pretty shattered when we got to the top, we finished off the session with Mike and Terence in centennial. All up 27.8k in just over 2 hours.
Sun:
Out with Terence and we decided we liked hills so much we decided to run the same course as Saturday. There were no tempos included in the session but we ran the hills pretty steady especially in the second half of the course. From Bondi the average pace for the session kept dropping. When we got into centennial we ran a lap of the inside track (3.6k) averaging 3.47k/m. Well Terence was slightly quicker as he dropped me with about 600m to go. I ran 1 hr 56 min with Terence with an average pace of 4.21. I covered 6.5k before i met Terence and ran a little more after centennial. Don't recall talking much for the last 10k. I was obviously tired. All up 2 hrs 37 mins. Had a little trouble with my garmin (may need to upgrade :)) Ran approx 35.5k. Another big week and quite possbily my biggest! Heading for a nap now...Well done to Enda on the half Ironman in very tough conditions in Canberra.

No comments: