Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Base building...

Mon(am): Went for an Exec Health check. Good news is that I am pretty healthy, I was keen to utilise the information provided to help with my running.
Some key points raised:
V02 MAX = 71, which is pity high and if you look at this stat in isolation i am not performing near my running potential. I also think I could of stayed on the treadmill longer but i was pretty tired after the weekend's efforts.
Blood Sugar = Slightly above average which is no surprise as i love the biscuits during the day and always need something sweet after dinner. I also like the odd beer ;).
Flexibility: Very poor - no surprise
Core Strength: Very poor - I really need to work on this and plan to address it
Nutrition: Pretty good apart from my sugar in-take. Kidney are in great shape and indicates that I drink only occasionally which is not true. After revealing my food in-take, they've developed a plan which i am keen to implement. I currently weigh 78kgs which is good for my height but I need to lose 3-4 to get down to racing weight.
In Summary:
Need to sort execute my nutrition plan and focus on my running economy (lactate threshold) in order to improve my running. Will start some core work to help prevent injuries. It's as simple as that.
Mon (pm): 13k easy
Tues (am): 7k easy
Tues (Lunch) Out with the HuRT squad for a 45 min progressive tempo, starting out at 4.20 and moving down to 3.30. Good session.
Wed (am): 19k MLR with Steve Thurston at 4.20 pace. Felt better this week as I struggled last week.
Wed (lunch) Out with Steve T for an easy 30 min session followed by stretching

No comments: