Tuesday, December 16, 2008

14 by 3 mins (off 1 min)

It was pretty hot out there today, we started a little early as Tom was keen to get away early for a xmas lunch. Legs felt a little tired at the start of the session but as the session progressed they felt better.
Started out at 3.20 pace and averaged 3.18 approx for the first 9 reps. Tom, Clarky and Richard High and Muz were running slightly quicker on some reps. Richard is definitely getting stronger. With the boys keen to get water during the recovery, it was difficult to maintain the group.
I increased the pace sightly for the last 5 reps, 3.15, 3.15, 3.12, 3.08, 3.09. I struggled on the last rep. In saying that, this session is similar to an 800s session. I kept a close eye on my watch and I was comfortably running through 800s metres in around 2.36.
It's funny sometimes I think I take it too easy, I really should of latched onto Tom for the final two reps. Clarky murdered the last rep running a sub 3 min km.

No comments: