Tuesday, December 30, 2008

800 by 10 (90 sec recovery)

Mon:
am:Easy run into work (20 mins)
pm: 50 mins easy on my own down to Hickson rd and cutting the run short just before the Opera house

Tues:
am:Easy run into work (20 mins)
pm: 800s session down in Rushcutters. Another hot day (30c) but I reckon I run interval sessions better in the heat. Rushcutters was in perfect condition for an interval session with the grass nice and soft.
Reps went as follows:

2.35, 2.33, 2.34, 2.34, 2.34, 2.31, 2.33, 2.32, 2.33, 2.21.

The garmin was measuring the 835m avg for the reps which is probably right as I was going through the 400 mark in 75 secs and I ran pretty consistent for the 2nd 400. So really I was probably avg'ing 2.28 for the first 9 reps. It's a few years now but I alway remember running from the gate to the first post with Rich Palmer and thinking that was 800. How accurate is the garmin...don't really know. Anyhow this session felt far too easy today which makes me think Yasso is a fool OR my running economy is shocking! If I was a betting man i would go for the latter option! I'm looking forward to the medium long run in the morning...

2 comments:

Tucks said...

YASSO!!
Not sure you're in 2:28 marathon shape but it's a good sign that you can go comfortably under 2:40.

Dave Kane aka 'Kanser' said...

I know mate but i can't seem to get my head around it for some reason. Working on it...I'll get there. I've seen you out and about again. Good to see you back on the road.