Sunday, November 30, 2008

Cruising along...

Fri: Easy 8k
Sat: Out with Durante for a hilly session. Jogged from Surry Hills to Rushcutters and ran the rest of the C2S. From the 5k marker, increased the pace and worked the hills - got to 10k with a 5k split of 19.30. Took it easy down to Bondi Beach and then worked the hill from the beach to the Junction. All up 23k.
Sun: After a lovely dinner at Sophie's and Jame's, I got out the door early and ran for about 25 mins on my own before I met Steve Thurston. I was cruising at 4.45 avg pace but that soon dropped down to 4.35. Shortly after 7am, we met up with Durante, Mike and Andy and we ran the outside loop of the park. Andy gave me the low-down on his 10 London marathons and his marathon pb is quite impressive 2.36. I worked the hills with Steve and it seemed to give me an energy bolt. For the first time since Berlin, I wasn't tired at the end of the long run.
All up 31.7k in 2.25 with an avg pace of 4.35. Got home in time to watch Haille take out the Great Australian Run. He is a machine.

No comments: