Saturday, November 1, 2008

Running on empty.....

I had an interesting run in Lane Cove today, to be honest I had nothing in the legs from the start. After a week of decent speedwork, I expected to run a lot better. Ended up with something like 35.40. From the start the legs felt heavy and I couldn't get into a decent rhythm. Back to the drawing board as I need to pick up a bit of speed for JP Morgan. After today's effort, I don't think I have the physical or mental strength to contemplate running Dubai or Hobart.
Durante was sick so we didn't get a chance to witness the duel with Tom. Tom had also a below par performance with 33.4* odd. Steve Thurston also struggled running low 32s to finish in 3rd place. The only decent run from the HuRT squad came from Muz with a 33.02. Muz is looking very good for the JP Morgan race mid-Nov. Well done to Kate Coburn with her podium finish. Uncle Dave took out the striders series comfortably beating Chris Truscott. Not sure where Dave gets it from but he rarely has a poor race. Fair play to him!

1 comment:

Superflake said...

Better luck next time Dave.