Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The time is nigh...

Monday

Went to a core session in the morning with www.rejoovfitness.com.au Keeping the core strong for endurance runners is very important. I always neglect this as part of my training so it was great to go to Greta’s class a fellow strider I might add. Ran 4k to the class and 4k back home.

At lunch caught up the boys (Tom, Serg, Durante, Steve T and Muz) for a 10k in very hot conditions. I was probably 30C….but I think I felt a tad better than most of the boys who seemed to be breathing very heavily.

In the evening I got a massage and ran home. The legs felt like magic after the massage.

Tuesday

Out with the HuRT squad for the Hickson Rd session (1.2k by 5 off 2 mins). Steve T took off from the start and I settled into the 2nd group with Tom, Muz and Dave Clarke. I kept with the boys for the 1st rep. I was a few secs back for the 2nd rep. I lost it a bit for the 3rd and 4th rep. I felt strong in the final rep and ran over the top of Dave Clarke but failed to catch Muz and Tom who finished a second or two ahead of me. Tom indicated on his blog yesterday that I was looking strong again. He’s not wrong ;)

Reps – 3.35, 3.33, 3.40, 3.40, 3.33

The showdown between Durante and Tom on Saturday should be very interesting. Back in early Feb I put a bet on with English Timmy Lindop that Durante (the Italian Aussie) would beat Tom this year in a 10k striders race. Most punters thought I was mad but the little Italian is getting stronger by the month. They avoided each other for most of the year but they can no longer play the Coe – Ovett game. anymore. They will race at the weekend and there will be one winner. Can’t wait for it now. Lots of battles this weekend. Chris Truscott will be keen to take out the Striders series but Uncle Dave won’t give him it to him on a plate that easily.

Lots of HuRT squad members racing this weekend. Steve T will come first but it will be interesting to see who places 2nd. Muz will push Durante/Tom all the way… !

Well done to Declan and Alan Kelly on super fast times in the Dublin Marathon. Likely to be the first of many marathons for both of them ;)

1 comment:

Superflake said...

Good luck Saturday Dave. Hopefully I'll be there. Might be a tad slower than you.