Monday, October 6, 2008

Lake Garda

Since the run in Berlin I've spent the last week in Lake Garda Italy. It's a beautiful part of the world, quite close to Milan and situated at the foot of the alps. There are loads of little towns dispersed throughout the lake and with no accommodation booked Liv and I just moved up the lake from town to town. We started in the old town of Sirmione. The food and wine is fantastic and I've had one too many gelato ,)
Started running again on Thurs with an easy 30 min run. On Fri and Sat out for easy 45 min runs. Today was a bit of an action packed day. We arrived in Riva which is at the north tip of the lake, it's a lovely little lake town surrounded by mountains. It's a bikers paradise, every second store sells mountain bike gear. Liv and I went on a great little trek through the mountains. It was a beautiful day and I was amazed at the amount of bikers on the mountain. Late in the afternoon, I went out for a 10k run with my garmin. I ran the 1st 5km in 20.30 (4.06 pace) and the turnaround increased the pace to 3.43 (18.38). With the amount of eating and drinking – I need to keep up the running.
Kept an eye on the race results this weekend, I notice Steve Thurston from the HuRT squad won the Striders 10k in 31.45. Well done mate great running. Not surprised at all, in recent sessions he's been running from the front and leaving the rest of us behind. With his pedigree I won't be surprised when he breaks 30 mins early next year.
Congrats has to go to Tom for his super 5.6k run in New York at the JP Morgan Corporate Challenge. I knew Serg was struggling after his long break but a I actually thought Muz would get the better of Tom. Tom came home in 17.53, Muz in 18 and Serg in 18.10. Charlie Low was first home from the HuRT squad in a very impressive (also first Australian ahead of J Horne) 17.14. He definitely has the speed lets hope he goes well in the Hawai Ironman. JP Morgan in Nov in Sydney will be interesting, I suspect Serg will be looking to reverse the pecking ordering.
I know I shouldn’t but I’ve already being thinking about which marathon to tackle next…will keep you posted when I make a decision.
JP Results

No comments: