Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Speed Play

Mon:
8k easy
Tues:
(am) 8k easy
(pm) 45 min Farklek (1 min fast, 30 sec jog)
Out with the HuRT squad, Tom, Serg, Durante and Steve T went straight to the front. I settled in the second grp with Terence Bell and Richard High. After getting to the Opera Hse, I increased the pace and I was on my own for the remainder of the session. I kept picking people off on the way back apart from Terence. Went through 10k in 35.38 feeling comfortable. Paced it well but the wind was pretty strong from farm cove up to the stone gates. Steve T came by me near the pool in the domain and Tom and I finished up more or less together about 150m short of the stone gates. Tom is running very well but Durante is getting stronger and I expect him to take Tom out in Lane Cove.
The focus for me is JP Morgan in mid Nov, hopefully I've enough time to make it into the Macquarie Team. So lots of speed play until the race. After that I plan to have another crack at the marathon in Jan (Hobart or Dubai - haven't decided which one yet...

No comments: