Thursday, October 23, 2008

12 by 400

Out for the HuRT session of 12 by 400s off 2 mins. It makes sense to run them as quick as possible as you get a little more recovery. We were missing the front runners from the squad (Tom, Serg, Muz, Steve T and Durante), they were hitting the track after work. With meetings running from 5pm to 7pm, i knew I would never get out to the track so hooked with a relatively small squad (approx 10 including Terence, Chris Graham, Andy and Mike Conway) at lunch.
We hit rushcutters oval, I went to the front for each rep with Terence and Andy a few seconds back. I was averaging 71-72 and Terence was probably averaging 73-74. On the 11 rep, Terence pushed me and I ended up running 68. For the final rep, Terence went straight to the front. I couldn't stay with him. He ended up running 67 and I finished up with 69. It's great to see Terence with a speed in his legs, with his endurance he travelling very well at the moment. I could see it at the weekend and on the farklek session on Tues. You can see the swagger...himself and Durante are peaking...
Delighted to hear the news, Tucks had a baby girl Nia, watch out Paula...with Tuck's genes...Nia will be fast.

No comments: