Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Slow train coming

With lots of different priorities I've decided to hold off running a marathon until I can put a good 16 weeks of training together. Realistically that means I won’t run another until late next year. In the meantime I will continue to train and at the moment I will focus on building my endurance.
Met up with the HuRT squad for a 45 min fartlek session (1 min fast, 30 sec slow). From the start I felt flat struggled to maintain the pace in the latter half of the session. I ran side by side with Richard High and probably should have backed off. The return leg was tough, got to 10km around 35.20, took a short cut back with Durante to avoid the Opera Hse loop. From 9k onwards I struggled and my avg pace for the fast and recovery reps kept getting slower and slower. I think the legs are a little tired after the weekend’s effort and I failed to give them sufficient rest on Monday. Richard High is going well and I expect him to go very well in the sixfoot. Congrats to Richard Palmer on his fantastic achievement in the Mark Webber challenge - First corporate team!

No comments: