Tuesday, November 18, 2008

HuRTS 4 x (3k)

Another decent crowd but it was noticeable that a few of the front runners were missing (Muz, Serg and Durante). Still and all, Charlie and Clarky went to the front for the first rep, I latched on to them and we ended up 80m short of the stone gates. Well they finished approx 10m ahead of me. Tom was taking it easy for the first few reps running with MC, Enda, Richard High, Killer and English Andy. I ran the second rep in 9.31. I ran comfortably hard for the 3rd rep as Killer, Clarky and Charlie pushed the pace from the start and got to the stone gates well within the 10 min marker. I was again 60-70m short with Tom right behind my back. I felt pretty tired on the way back for the last rep which took 9.55. The wind was pretty strong on the return leg. Happy with the session overall. Tom seems to think I want to include some extra awards for the HuRT squad's annual awards night. Not true...but I think we should have best overseas performance of the year as an outright category ;)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mate, Charlie's already doing pretty well in the best performance category for Hawaii. You may need to get more specific....

saint said...

"This year's award for Best Overseas Performance in a 9.85k race goes to...

KANSER!"